🏆 BUAS/NHTV Best year 2 game overall 2017-2018 🏆
In Tiles apart the player is challanged with solving increasingly difficult puzzles. Navigating the player avatar to the other side of the maze by shifting columns and rows of tiles. The character will move in the direction of the shift. These mechanics together make for short but challenging puzzles.
GAME SCOPE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Succesfully managed a team of 14 multi-disciplinairy developers through the development and release of a mobile game over a time period of 32 days by:
- Sprint Plannings with team members to plan future work and manage dependencies.
- Build Reviews to facilitate iterative design processes and reach the highest possible quality.
- Improving and iterating on production processes to accomodate to new challenges.
- In depth talks with individual team members to anticipate roadblocks and encourage a comfortable work environment.
- Frequent communication with stakeholders to define deadlines and facilitate a healthy development process.
- Teaching and helping team members with the usage of JIRA and scrum process.
- Periodic peer reviews to encourage an open and honest production environment and facilitate developer feedback.
- Periodic progress updates to oversee and communicate the productivity of the team.
- Sprint retrospectives to ensure past mistakes are not repeated.
MY ROLE & CONTRIBUTION
Producer which included contributions in the fields of:
Making sure that the project stays on track by holding regular sprint retrospectives and verifying that all team members are up to date on the latest developments. Identifying and managing risks to guarantee the project's successful completion.
Reading data and gathering useful information from said data to apply new methods, streamline and generally improve the team and project.
Keeping the team up to date about the latest developments. Identifying new methods to help the team develop and ensure a comfortable working environment.
Assisting and facilitating the use of scrum in JIRA.
A/B testing. Adhoc testing. Smoketesting and regression testing. Making sure that bugs were identified, communicated and tracked.
Creating and giving professional and concise presentations with clear goals and conclusions in mind.